Images found here are not to be reproduced without my express written permission.

Want an easy snack recipe?

Spicy Seasoned Pretzels


Ingredients

  • 16 oz (1 lb) bag tiny twist pretzels 
  • 1 cup vegetable or canola oil *** See note below!
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt) 
  •  2 teaspoons lemon pepper 
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ***

Instructions 

  • Pour oil and spices into a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly distribute oil with spices. 
  • Add in pretzels, seal up Ziploc bag, and gently shake to combine. 
  • There are two different ways you can finish the pretzels: 
    • Option 1: you can leave them in the Ziploc bag and allow pretzels to soak up the seasoned oil for at least 6 hours, or ideally for 24 hours. Turn bag to shake up pretzels every few hours.
    • Option 2: Bake the oil soaked pretzels in a 200 degree oven for about 1 hour, stirring several times to ensure even baking. 
Allow to cool before eating. Pretzels will keep in an airtight container for 3 weeks.
 
*** I reduced the amount of oil to 1/2 cup and used the cook-in-the-oven method. I found this works just fine, but if you wish to jack up your cholesterol... be my guest! I also upped the amount of cayenne pepper after the first time I made this to prevent me from gorging TOO much - these things are tasty and addictive!
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Wish you a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wishing you magical holidays and a great year ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the share, wishing you a great holidays and Happy New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look nice! Thank you for the recipe, even I'll not promise that I'll do it...
    I wish you Happy New Year with peace, joy, light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting and best wishes for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy, crunchy and additive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good, Thanks for the recipe.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really a pretzel fan, they sell them here in NZ but my daughter loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of cayenne pepper. I'd use about a quarter teaspoon. That stuff is hot.

    Thank you for hosting the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can adjust the Cayenne pepper to your taste, but for me the 1 tsp amount is perfect.

      Delete
  11. oh I have something similar with Ntri-grain and nuts. Very moorish for nibbling. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas week, and into 2023 and thankyou again for the linkup this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, that sounds really delicious. We will defintley try out your recipe, Sue. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry for not leaving comments as promptly as I would like, but it is not always possible for me to do so depending on the devices and browsers I use. I wish you a great end of year, despite all the bad weather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks yummy! Hope you're enjoying this holiday season and all the best for the coming year.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds yummy with the garlic powder. I think I would do as you did - reduce the oil and use the oven method. Happy New Year to you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks so yummy. Thanks for hosting. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delicious - love festive recipes. Wishing you a peaceful New Year

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would be a hit with my troupe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I apologize for comment verification, but have found it the most reliable way to prevent spammers from posting content on this site. But I do read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts.

Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos! The link stays open all week.