Images found here are not to be reproduced without my express written permission.

A new recipe - and a HEALTHY recipe - for chicken salad.

 And it will knock your socks off! Forget the goopy mayo and try  this for a change! Thanks again to The Mediterranean Dish for another great recipe!


Healthy Chicken Salad

 

Ingredients

Print RecipePin RecipeRate this Recipe

For The Dijon Dressing

  • ·        1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • ·        1-2 lemons (I used 1 1/2)
  • ·        1-2 garlic cloves, minced (I used 1)
  • ·        1 teaspoon sumac (Available in specialty stores or on Amazon.com)
  • ·        ½ teaspoon paprika

For The Chicken Salad

  • ·        ¾ lb (12 oz) cooked chicken, shredded (I just cut it into bite-sized pieces)
  • ·        1-2 shallots, chopped (I used 1)
  • ·        2 celery stalks, chopped
  • ·        1 15-oz can of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • ·        1-2 oz sundried tomatoes, chopped
  • ·        A handful (about 1 cup packed) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
  • ·        1/3 cup shelled walnuts, chopped
  • ·        Salt and black pepper to taste (I didn't use either and it tasted great!)

Instructions

·        Make the dressing: Into a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, zest and juice of one lemon, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, sumac and paprika. Whisk to combine and taste. Add the juice from the second lemon, if desired.

·        Mix the salad: In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, shallots, celery, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, parsley, and walnuts. Season with a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.

·        Dress the salad: Pour dressing over the chicken salad, toss to combine.

·        Serve: Serve immediately, or, for best flavor, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

25 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, Sue! I like the addition of walnuts to give it crunch. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm embarrassed, at my age, not to know that sumac powder is used as a spice. I made sumac tea from the berries and drank it with sugar when I was a Boy Scout. The old dog has learned a new trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good. I might try it but with fresh tomatoes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very yummy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, I definitely have to put that on my list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm! Looks delish, Sue!

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Mediterranean foods. This looks like a great recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recipe but I never tried artichokes before so would substitute with other veggie...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that looks good. It is a pity that one cannot taste it on the computer. All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  10. That seems like a good plan. It's possible that I'll give it a shot, but using fresh tomatoes.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/07/green-one-shoulder-maxi-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious , Thanks for chicken salad recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so very yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, that looks and sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe, Sue, and thanks also for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the recipe. It looks fine and delicious!
    Happy WW and a fine week!
    Sorry, but I could not enter my post in the tabel. Maybe you help me. Thank you!
    https://suzanamiu.blogspot.com/2023/07/miercurea-fara-cuvinte-365-instantanee.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried again and I succeded!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Use of the sumac is interesting. Might make it a tad tart? It's interesting. I like chicken salad but avoid commercial stuff because, yes, all the mayo. I also like putting chopped apple in mine, which would pair well with the walnuts. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't enough sumac to make it tart.... just a hint of flavor and a bit of color. Apples would be good too!

      Delete
  17. love a summer salad - and walnuts are so good for us too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks very yummy, but honestly I prefer to eat it then cook !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank for sharing your post.Iam so exited to read your blog,Your post is very helpful in our life.
    I will visited your blog and save your site.For more information our site.
    Buy Linkedin Accounts
    Buy Facebook Accounts
    Buy Linkedin Followers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I apologize for comment verification, but have found it the most reliable way to prevent spammers from posting content on this site. But I do read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts.

Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos! The link stays open all week.