Images found here are not to be reproduced without my express written permission.
Faces of Forrest
Deep within a dahlia
These babies make the whole house smell delicious as they're baking, and they're positively delicious. I can't share the aroma or the flavor, but I'll gladly share the recipe!
Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies
3/4 C butter, softened
1 C sugar for cookie dough, and some more to roll the cookies in
1/4 C molasses
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves (ground)
2 C flour
1/2 tsp ginger
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in molasses and egg.
2. Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to creamed mixture.
3. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
4. Shape into 1" balls, roll them around in granulated sugar, and place on greased baking sheets.
5. Per the recipe you should press them flat prior to baking, but I just set the dough balls on the cookie sheet and let them spread out on their own. They wound up pretty uniform in size (although it took a bit longer than 8-10 minutes to bake them in preheated 375 degree oven.
6. Bake them til lightly browned, then cool on wire racks.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)