I have to say this is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I've found in a while. I found it on this web site, and I'm looking forward to poking around there to find other gems they may have. It was very easy to make although I did increase the amount of veggies and substituted the chicken I had on hand for the thighs specified in the recipe. (I think there's a chicken thigh shortage based on my last visit to our local grocery store.) I believe it's versatile enough that it could be varied by swapping some or all of the veggies for another. And next time I believe I'll reduce the oil a bit. But believe you me, it was tasty!
Here are before-and-after photos for your viewing pleasure.
Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced into wedges
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C). In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, Dijon mustrd, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and pour 2/3 of the marinade on top, then use your hands to toss the chicken in the marinade and make sure it's well coated. Marinate the chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, spread the veggies onto a baking sheet and drizzle the remaining marinade on top. Toss together to coat the vegetables.
- Add the chicken thighs to the baking sheet, nestling them in amidst the veggies, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add the olives and feta, and then place it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or til the veggies are softened and the chicken is cooked to 165 F.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.