Spicy Seasoned Pretzels
- 16 oz (1 lb) bag tiny twist pretzels
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil *** See note below!
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ***
- Pour oil and spices into a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly distribute oil with spices.
- Add in pretzels, seal up Ziploc bag, and gently shake to combine.
- There are two different ways you can finish the pretzels:
- Option 1: you can leave them in the Ziploc bag and allow pretzels to soak up the seasoned oil for at least 6 hours, or ideally for 24 hours. Turn bag to shake up pretzels every few hours.
- Option 2: Bake the oil soaked pretzels in a 200 degree oven for about 1 hour, stirring several times to ensure even baking.
Allow to cool before eating. Pretzels will keep in an airtight container for 3 weeks.
*** I reduced the amount of oil to 1/2 cup and used the cook-in-the-oven method. I found this works just fine, but if you wish to jack up your cholesterol... be my guest! I also upped the amount of cayenne pepper after the first time I made this to prevent me from gorging TOO much - these things are tasty and addictive!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter