Images found here are not to be reproduced without my express written permission.

A tour of Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral.


The Roman Catholic diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina had the smallest cathedral of any diocese in the United States with a seating capacity of 320. A decision was made to build a new cathedral to serve the needs of the diocese. Ground was broken in 2017, and the Cathedral was dedicated 2 1/2 years later. It can now seat 2000 people.
The weather didn't look promising, but the interior glowed.

 The organ is impressive. There are more than 3700 pipes ranging in size from 32 feet (speaking a frequency of 16 hertz) to ¾ of an inch long (producing frequencies of above  16,000 hertz). It was donated by a parishioner on 2 conditions: (1) that the name of the donor remain anonymous and (2) that the cost of the organ not be divulged.

The Cathedral was still decorated for Christmas at the time of our visit.



The Cathedral is one of only two churches in North Carolina with a dome, and it is beautiful.

Here is a photo taken at a prior visit. In it, you have a better view of the Carerra marble of the floor surrounding the altar.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

28 comments:

  1. How very beautiful! Thank you and thank you for hosting! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cathedral is magnificent! I would love to hear the music that organ plays--what a generous gift someone made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful... I wish you a good week. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, not what I thought I would see looking at the outside

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful church. If I'm ever there I want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The church is beautiful and the organ is impressive indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That organ is indeed most impressive! Beautiful cathedral.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like traditional churches and this is a beautiful and very impressive cathedral!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The church is beautiful. I am impressed by the short turnaround time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this is a beautiful cathedral. Your photo of the dome is stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful church! I too, am fascinated by the organ!

    Happy Tuesday, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful cathedral. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cathedral is beutiful and impressive.
    Thanks for hosting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a beautiful building Sue. An impressive organ too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That marble floor is stunning! The rest is also beautiful. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a beautiful church and dome. I love the abundance of natural light!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks very grand! Love the shot of the dome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful cathedral! I especially loved your photos of the organ pipes. WOW!

    Happy Wordless Wednesday, Sue. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice little cathedral. Belgium being a catholic country we have countless cathedrals and churches here, but no protestant church !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could go see this miraculous sight in person. How beautiful and I bet that organ makes it sound like we're in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these awe-inspiring images. Floods me with a sense of calm and peace. Your pictures always blow me over.

    Have a wondrous week!

    https://natashamusing.com/2020/01/wordless-wednesday-natasha-musing-tender-love/

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pipe organ so impressed me! That's a lot of pipes. Thanks for hosting this link-up for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's hard to take these kinds of photos, well done. Makes me want to get some shots of the stained glass windows and statues at our grade school church.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I apologize for comment verification, but have found it the most reliable way to prevent spammers from posting content on this site. But I do read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts.

Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos! The link stays open all week.